Your data, privacy and the Law.
How we use your medical records
- This practice handles medical records according to the laws on data protection and confidentiality.
- We share medical records with health professionals who are involved in providing you with care and treatment. This is on a need to know basis and event by event.
- Some of your data is automatically copied to the Shared Care Summary Record.
- We may share some of your data with local out of hours / urgent or emergency care services.
- Data about you is used to manage national screening campaigns such as Flu, Cervical cytology and Diabetes prevention.
- Data about you, usually de-identified, is used to manage the NHS and make payments.
- We share information when the law requires us to, for instance when we are inspected or are reporting certain illnesses or safeguarding vulnerable people.
- Your data is used to check the quality of care provided by the NHS.
- We may also share medical records for medical research
For more information please ask at reception for the reception copy of our privacy policies that you can read whilst you wait.
Privacy Notice - CQC
Privacy Notice - NHS Digital
Privacy Notice - Direct Care
Privacy Notice - Emergencies
Privacy Notice - Payments
Privacy Notice - Public Health
Privacy Notice - Research
Privacy Notice - Screening Programme